First, what you may have missed yesterday.
The biggest news story, I suppose, is the third straight bad outing to start the season for the Cards’ Adam Wainwright.
CARDINALS (9-4) @ PIRATES (5-7)
6:05 PM CT
Why You Might Watch This: Because Lance Lynn has been pretty awesome so far. For that matter, so have the Cards in general.
- Berkman – down. Schumaker – up.
- And after a Jon Jay injury, he [Skip] may be headed to the outfield.
- On Cardinals’ age and injuries.
- Rafi is playing well.
- Little story on Pirate Prospects Gerrit Cole and Jameson Taillon.
Rockies (6-6) @ BREWERS (6-7)
7:10 PM CT
Why You Might Watch This: The Brewers are coming off of a series victory against the Dodgers and might be heating up.
- Nyjer Morgan makes miracles happen.
Dodgers (10-3) @ ASTROS (5-8)
7:05 PM CT
Why You Might Watch This: To see Matt Kemp put one up on the tracks.
- Anna-Megan Raley at the Houston Chronicle suggests ways to make Astros’ games more entertaining.
REDS (5-8) @ CUBS (3-10)
1:20 PM CT
Why You Might Watch This: The Cubs are simply unwatchable right now, and when I watch Chris Volstad pitch, I see somebody who seems detached from his job. I guess you can watch to see if Chapman gets into the game. Turn this on in the 7th inning or so.
- The annual Kerry Wood Injury Watch is on. (UPDATE: It’s official.)
- Theo begs for patience.
- Bryan LaHair batting cleanup today. YES!
- Reds’ fans may begin panicking…. NOW!