First, what you may have missed yesterday.
The Cardinals continued to make the Reds look like a joke, pushing them 5 back with another lop-sided victory… The Dodgers, who entered the series 9-1 after beating up on the Padres (7 games) and Pirates, have now dropped 2 straight to the Brewers… Brad Lincoln got called up to replace an injured Jeff Karstens and picked up the win for the Pirates…
Dodgers (9-3) @ BREWERS (6-6)
12:10 PM CT
Why You Might Watch This: The Brewers are heating up and might be showing the Dodgers’ true colors in this series.
- If you enjoy references to Dan Plesac and Chuck Crim, you might enjoy this article.
- Ron Roenicke is a gambling man!
REDS (4-8) @ CARDINALS (9-3)
12:45 PM CT
Why You Might Watch This: Reds try to avoid the sweep against Adam Wainwright, who is struggling in his comeback attempt.
- Mat Latos + Busch = Trouble for the Reds
- Can we stop talking about Lance Berkman’s various maladies and just place him on the DL permanently? He’s always hurt anyhow.
- Matt Holliday is going to come around.
- Baseball Prospectus on David Freese.
- Shelby Miller is picking it up down on the farm.
ASTROS (4-8) @ Nationals (10-3)
6:05 PM CT
Why You Might Watch This: The Nats might be the best team in the National League right now once you account for schedule strength.
- Pythagorean method would suggest Astros are close to .500, but they aren’t winning the close ones.
- Personally, I think the game might be a bit more fun if we abolished the balk.
CUBS (3-9) @ Marlins (6-6)
11:40 AM CT
Why You Might Watch This: To root the Cubs towards the #1 pick in the 2013 supplemental draft.
- Dale Sveum will allow Marlon Byrd to be really bad for 100 AB or so before yanking him.